Our COVID-19 Response
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies as well as from local health departments.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest state and federal guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to dining room and common area cleaning procedures. The specific steps we are taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge
FLINT associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Daily Temperature Checks: Each associate has their temperature checked prior to the start of each shift. Each associate will receive a colored wristband to wear throughout their shift after they have their temperatures taken.
- Sanitation Stations: We have multiple sanitation stations available through the restaurant for guest and associate use.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Coury Hospitality’s teams are on standby 24/7 to support the restaurant and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Our restaurant uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Dining Rooms: FLINT uses cleaning and sanitizing protocols to clean tables after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items and areas. All menus are available digitally through QR codes.
- Public Spaces: FLINT has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the host stand, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even pens.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” FLINT is increasing the frequency of cleaning with focus on high-touch areas.
FLINT encourages social distancing throughout the restaurant, including:
- Elevators: Elevator rides are limited to one party per elevator.
- Dining Room: We have reserved tables in our dining room for Social Distancing, which allows us to space tables at least 6 feet apart.
- Walkways: Signage is posted throughout the restaurant encouraging social distancing when moving around common areas.
We are following the city-wide mask mandate. All FLINT associates are required to wear masks in front and back of house. Guests are also required to wear masks when not seated. This includes, but is not limited to, arrival, departure, restroom visits, and walkways.